We’re always looking out for talented, motivated people. Here are our open positions:
Sr. Ruby Integrations Developer -- Full Time
Location: Downtown Toronto
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
FlipGive is a digital marketplace that connects brands to consumers through fundraising. The platform revolutionizes both grassroots fundraising and corporate giving; helping people raise more money faster by driving sales and positive social impact for brands. For more information, please visit www.flipgive.com. We believe that innovation & technology provides an ideal platform for companies, non-profits and individuals to work together to drive significant social change.
We are Canada’s first B-Corporation (https://bcorporation.net/) and we just closed a Series A financing round to help reinvent how youth sports teams fundraise (https://betakit.com/flipgive-raises-5-million-series-a-to-help-reinvent-how-youth-sports-teams-fundraise/).
A core piece of FlipGive’s platform are the integrations made to affiliate networks, giftcard providers, merchant partners, Shopify and other partnerships. These integrations process and track all sales on the platform and are responsible for determining the cash back which are users receive. We are looking for a Sr. Ruby Developer to help build and maintain integrations with an emphasis on reliability and accuracy. This person should enjoy working with APIs, processing data, and reporting/monitoring.
- Build and maintain API integrations
- Process data with emphasis on reliability and accuracy
- Create reports to assess integration health
- Detect anomalies and errors in data processing pipeline
- Write easily understandable and maintainable code
- Extend the FlipGive Shopify app
- Perform code reviews (PRs)
- Improve processes and tools to help the development team work more efficiently
- Assist in making tests faster and better
- 6+ years of work experience
- Experience building and operating production web services
- Proficient with Ruby and Rails
- Understanding of REST APIs
- A serious tester that strives for thorough test coverage
- Understanding databases and can write efficient queries
- Working knowledge of React and front-end development
Nice To Have
- Experience working with affiliate networks such as CJ, Impact Radius, LinkShare
- Some integrations rely on SOAP, a working knowledge is a plus (easily handled with Savon gem)
- Knowledge of Shopify and its APIs
- Experience with GraphQL
- ML knowledge to detect anomalies, errors, and trends
- Have built reporting dashboards to display system health and trends
- Passion for building high-quality products that customers love
- Self-directed and self-motivated (https://signalvnoise.com/posts/1430-hire-managers-of-one)
- Interest in charitable or community causes
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]give.com with the job title in the subject. No headhunters please. FlipGive is an equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Customer Success Coordinator -- Full Time
Location: Downtown Toronto
Reporting to: Customer Success Manager
Who We Are
FlipGive is a digital marketplace that connects brands to consumers through team fundraising. The platform revolutionizes both grassroots fundraising and corporate giving; helping people raise more money faster while driving sales and positive social impact for brands. For more information, please visit flipgive.com. We believe that innovation & technology provides an ideal platform for companies, causes and individuals to work together to drive significant social change.
As the Customer Success Coordinator, you will be responsible for the entire customer journey from start to finish. This is not a support-only role - you will be responsible for the success of users on the FlipGive platform and ultimately contributing to the success of the company. Daily activities include communicating with customers, helping them overcome hurdles, liaising customer feedback to internal stakeholders, and compiling and analyzing customer data to improve user experience. This is a great opportunity to learn the ropes of a tech startup in Toronto and be a part of the growing field of soc.
We are looking for someone who
- is passionate about learning customer tendencies and how they interact with a product - not just someone who answers support questions.
- is a problem solver - resolves customer issues not just patches up the leaks.
- is an extraordinary communicator - must be able to communicate not only with customers but also with internal stakeholders to provide customer feedback to the product development team.
- is data driven. Needs to turn customer feedback into actionable data.
- communicates courteously with customers and prospects by telephone, email, and face to face.
- is empathetic to people’s pain points and difficulties - maintain patience, calmness and professionalism when dealing with agitated customers
- Completion of Post-Secondary, business-related education
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate Google Drive skills, including Google Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience with customer service IT tools, such as helpdesk, and live chat an asset
- Experience with marketing automation tools such as MailChimp, Hubspot an asset
- Entry level experience in sales outreach an asset
At FlipGive, we value diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. This is a permanent, full-time position. Candidates must be willing to work 40 hours per week, on a flexible schedule (days, evenings and weekends).
The Standard: Please send resume, cover letter, and any relevant references to our Customer Success Manager, Alam Song at [email protected] Please include “Customer Success Coordinator” in the subject line. We appreciate all applications. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Above and Beyond: Let us know how you would improve FlipGive! Choose a cause close to your heart, create a campaign on flipgive.com, and start fundraising! Please include your campaign link in your application. .